Monday, August 10, 2009

'Let me have my little vicious circle' - Don Birnam

InfoQ has posted a great presentation by ThoughtWorkers Rebecca Parsons and Martin Fowler on the role of architecture in agile organizations. I highly recommend anyone who works or has worked in an organization of any size to check it out, particularly if you happen to be an executive within that organization and you're grappling with how best to (re)organize your technology department. Stu Iridium, I'm looking at you.

Also over on InfoQ from last week, the master of percolating parallelism, Brian Goetz, provides a window into java SE 7 concurrency enhancements. I always recommend checking out anything Brian has to say, as he belongs to my pantheon of technology heroes (taking a seat alongside Joshua Bloch and Martin Fowler).

As I wrote that last sentence, I couldn't help but reflect on my tech heroes past. In the late 80s/early 90s it was Kernighan, Ritchie, and Thompson from Bell Labs, along with W. Richard Stevens, and Brjarne Stroustrup. Later in the 90s, it was James Gosling and Grady Booch. I guess technical heroes have a relatively short shelf life (not unlike technology itself).

No comments:

Post a Comment